deal.II is open source and available for free!
|Help! »||There are many resources for learning deal.II and asking for help.|
|Participate! »||deal.II is a community project. We welcome all who want to participate in any way!|
- 2013/12/24: Version 8.1 released
- deal.II version 8.1 was released today. A full list of changes can be found here.
- 2013/12/18: step-26 for the heat equation
- step-26 fills a long-standing gap: There was no tutorial program solving the heat equation. There was also no tutorial showing in relatively easy terms how to do adaptive meshes in time dependent problems. This program fills both of these needs.
- 2013/11/01: step-42 solves an elasto-plastic contact problem
- step-42, written by Jörg Frohne, Timo Heister and Wolfgang Bangerth, shows how to solve an elasto-plastic contact problem. The program is an extension of step-41 to a much more complex equation (nonlinear elasto-plasticity) and also demonstrates how to compute solutions for such problems in parallel.
- 2013/10/01: step-51 implements an HDG method
- step-51, contributed by Martin Kronbichler and Scott Miller, implements a hybridized discontinuous Galerkin method for the scalar convection-diffusion equation. The method uses standard DG terms for describing the element interior but couples the local sub-problems using face elements. The local contribution is eliminated from the global linear system by a static condensation process.
The primary means of communicating with deal.II developers and users is by email:
The deal.II discussion group is used by developers to announce new features and by users to ask questions about how to do things with deal.II. This is also the forum to post bug reports. It may not be used for job offers and to ask for internships!.
We appreciate comments and suggestions on deal.II. They can be addressed to either of the addresses above, depending on their public or private nature.
Legal Notice: Some countries' laws require us to post this legal notice. Please write to the responsible federal judges if you find this silly.