10th deal.II Users and Developers Workshop
Leibniz University Hannover, Germany, September 11-15, 2023
Registration: If you would like to participate, a registration is required. In order to register, please write an email to email@example.com (e-mail is prefilled) with the subject Registration deal.II Hannover and the required informations in the body. For the abstract, please use the template which can be downloaded here. The deadline for registration and abstract submission is June 30, 2023. More details will be coming soon.
Program and Topics
The workshop will have time for both talks and "hackathon"- or "code jam"-style time to work jointly on everyone's projects with plenty of people to ask and get help from. We invite talks and plan discussions by users and existing developers in areas including these:
- Use cases and applications of the library
- What users think would be useful directions for the library to go into, things that are missing, and possibly getting people together who can help implement those parts
- Newer parts of the library (e.g., geometry descriptions, large parallel computations, etc.) and how these could help in your programs.
Registration Fee: The registration fee is 100 €.
Schedule: The workshop will start on Monday, September 11 at 13:00 (1pm) and will feature talks and coding sessions. It will be preceded by a deal.II crash course starting at 9:00 (9am) on Monday morning. The talks and deal.II crash course can also be attended online, but participation in the coding session is only in person. The social program has a conference dinner on Tuesday evening and a small excursion to Herrenhausen Gardens on Thursday. The complete program and time schedule can be found here.
- Thomas Wick, Leibniz University Hannover
- Jan Philipp Thiele, Leibniz University Hannover
- Sebastian Kinnewig, Leibniz University Hannover
- Denis Khimin, Leibniz University Hannover
- Julian Roth, Leibniz University Hannover
- Hendrik Fischer, Leibniz University Hannover
- Leon Kolditz, Leibniz University Hannover
- Lukas Dreyer, Leibniz University Hannover / DLR Braunschweig
- Tobias Knoke, Leibniz University Hannover
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When and where?
September 11-15, 2023 at the Leibniz University Hannover in Germany. The workshop will be held in room F142 in the main building of Leibniz University Hannover:
Accomodation nearby the venue
By train: The largest train station in Hannover is Hannover Central Station. For tickets, consult bahn.de (and enter Hannover Hbf as the destination). By plane: The closest airport is Hannover Airport (HAJ, 20 minutes by train). Larger airports in central Europe include Hamburg Airport (HAM, 2h by train), Berlin Airport (BER, 2.5h by train), Frankfurt Airport (FRA, 3h by train), Düsseldorf Airport (DUS, 3h by train), Stuttgart Airport (STR, 5h by train), Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS, 5–6h by train) and Munich Aiport (MUC, 6h by train).